Engjobs 2008-04-15 20:42:05
TITLE: Automotive Program Buyer
Job ID: BH03119
Type: Direct Hire
LOCATION: MI (Detroit Metro)
CONTACT: Recruiter, JobJunction.com
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Serve as the Purchasing department contact for automotive interior trim program teams and assembly plant. Responsible for management of supplier component and tooling costs for assigned programs. Manage timely cost containment related to trim engineering changes with internal and external suppliers. Drive trim cost reduction activities.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a purchasing or estimating position (automotive trim experience preferred).
* Bachelors degree (or Bachelors equivalency) in Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Communicates effectively in a team environment.
* Proficient with spreadsheet and word processing software; can effectively use existing spreadsheet-based departmental tools and develop customized tools for specific tasks and analyses.
* Strong quantitative analysis skills with fundamental understanding of material, labor, and burden structures and cost drivers.
* Ability to relate component engineering changes and volume changes to their affect on supplier manufacturing processes; able to determine resulting cost impacts.
* Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize work to balance competing demands for time.
* Must be able to organize records related to numerous part numbers and engineering change requests.
* Administer trim RFCs. Solicit and obtain component supplier estimates and quotes for proposed engineering changes. Analyze piece cost and tool cost variances. Challenge supplier responses and negotiate pricing with suppliers where necessary. Report results to program teams.
* Administer trim PCNs. Communicate authorization to suppliers, resolve any resulting pricing concerns, and update capacity. Issue pricing transmittal to JIT plant(s).
* Maintain supplier-tooling records including die board layouts for cost analysis reference purposes. Develop and utilize a working knowledge of trim material and processing cost drivers.
* Report Purchasing issues, requirements, obstacles, cost status, supplier capacity, and Product Development Process deliverables to assigned program teams.
* Track price level, and design level of all components for assigned programs.
* Drive piece cost reductions for all assigned trim components. Collaborate with Core Purchasing where appropriate.
* Take appropriate measures to prevent open commercial issues with component suppliers; anticipate, identify, and lead resolution of commercial issues which arise.
* Address supplier issues raised by seat-complete JIT plant personnel; support Supplier Quality personnel in the resolution of component quality issues and overall continuous improvement of supplier performance.
* Administer special initiatives related to all program component suppliers.
Visit our home page for access to jobs all over the United States:
Automotive Engineering Specialists