Melanie 2012-06-12 02:19:43
I had my IUI on Saturday, March 5. The nurse said I could have the
blood test on Wednesday, March 16 (tomorrow). AF has been coming 16-17
dpo, which is Sunday or Monday the 20th or 21st. My dilemma is whether
or not to have the BW done. If I do and it’s negative, I’ll have to
wait for almost a week for AF to come. (and, I’ll be miserable) If
it’s positive, that’s great. The PM signs are here: nausea, breast
tenderness, and cramps, but they could also be signs of a positive
result. Or,,, do I wait until Tuesday (18 dpo) to test just to make
I’m trying to be “cautiously optimistic” about all of this and it’s
making me crazy!
Yellowgirl 2012-06-12 02:19:49
If it were me, I’d probably get the b/w done. Then, it is either good
news, or you can have a week to process any bad news before dealing
with AF and the next cycle. Personally, I would otherwise spend the
ENTIRE week googling early pg signs, poking my b****, etc…… Good
Melanie 2012-06-12 02:19:54
Okay, I’m convinced. I called and made an appointment for tomorrow
morning at 7 a.m. to have BW. So, I should have news sometime
Thanks Yellowgirl. I’ve already spent the last 4 or 5 days googling!
I don’t need another week!
V. 2012-06-12 02:19:59
Are you serious? Get the bloodwork!!! 🙂 I’m just jealous ’cause I had my
IUI a whole day before you and my nurse told me to call Friday if I haven’t
We’re giving that google a work-out!
Personally, I’d rather know if the bloodwork is positive, even if there is
an early m/c because you would at least know conception was possible with
this protocol. Waiting longer gives you the advantage of “not getting your
hopes up” of a sticky pregnancy, but let’s face it, our hopes are all over
the map already! Good luck! Amy
Yellowgirl 2012-06-12 02:20:18
So, Melanie, did you get the call? Sending you positive vibes and