19th April 09:25
DCA problem after applying SP1
Problem: Cannot select database even though account used
belongs to the local Administrator group.
Operating System: Windows 2000 with SP3
MCMS Version: MCMS 2002 with SP1
In the "Select MCMS Database" dialog
1. "Error verifying rights...Using Trusted Authentication
to access the database only requires that the previously
defined MCMS system account have the following database
privileges: db_datareader, db_datawriter and db_ddladmin"
2. Database must be selected to continue
Steps to reproduce:
1. Click Select Database
2. Server = (local)
3. Use Trusted Connection (checked)
4. Click Options >>
5. Database is selected from drop down list
6. Click OK
7. Alert appears with message "Error verifying rights...
We find this strange because the account is a member of
the local administrator group.
8. Database is not selected
This was not a problem before SP1 was applied. There are
also no problems if we switched to SQL Authentication. Any