22nd July 18:23
FP 2002 totally frustrated with product
Have you tried this? This may work for you. Your installer is corrupted or
not installed properly. Try this recommended solution to uninstall it, then
reinstall a freshly downloaded version. Print this out before going through
all the steps:
To download Windows Installer version 2.0 -
Temporarily DISABLE your antivirus. If you have ANY Norton product
Temporarily DISABLE it/them.Then go here :
Save it to your desktop. Now follow these steps below :
" 1. If you have a Windows Me Startup disk, go to step 7.
2. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
3. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
4. Click the Startup Disk tab.
5. Click Create Disk to create the Startup disk.
NOTE: In some cir***stances, you may be prompted to insert the
Windows Me CD when you click Create Disk. This occurs if the
installation files that are necessary to create the Startup disk are not
on the hard disk.
6. When you are prompted, insert a formatted floppy disk in the
floppy disk drive, and then click OK to confirm that the contents of the
8. Restart the computer. When you are prompted to select how to
start, click Minimum Boot.
9. At the command prompt, type the following (pressing ENTER after
ren msi.dll msi.old
ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old
ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old
10. Remove the Startup disk, and then restart the computer.
After you restart Your Computer, choose Shut Down, click Restart,
restart in Safe Mode .....press or tap the F8 or Ctrl key BEFORE Windows
loads. Choose Safe Mode. Once in Safe Mode...
1. Click Start, click Run, type msconfig in the Open box, and then
2. On the General tab, click Selective startup.
3. Click to clear all of the check boxes under Selective startup.
4. On the Startup tab, click to select the *StateMgr check box.
5. Click OK. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
Install the Windows Installer Update
1. On the desktop, double-click Instmsia.exe.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
3. ..... use the MSCONFIG utility(as per the instructions above) to
select a normal startup.
4. Restart the computer. "
Hopefully, this will remove the corrupted version and allow the
"fresh" one to install successfully.
"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right,
as God gives us to see the right."
"Oscar Ugueto" <email@example.com> wrote in message news:firstname.lastname@example.org...