21st June 14:00
This should solve your with look2me. NOTE: Run adaware
after the reboot to remove the rest of the program.
Quick and Dirty Removal of msg117.dll
1. Unplug your network cable.
2. Open a command line window (Start, Run, cmd).
3. cd c:\winnt\system32 (or your equivalent)
4. Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the Task Manager
5. Select the "Processes" tab and look for "explorer.exe"
6. Highlight explorer.exe and stop that process. The
msg117.dll hooks into explorer.exe, so you'll need to
stop that process before proceeding.
7. Your desktop icons and launch bar will disappear,
leaving only the command line window.
8. You will probably not be able to delete msg117.dll,
but you should be able to rename it. Rename it to
something that will be ignored at startup, like
abc123.txt or something similar.
9. Plug your network cable back in and reboot.
10. The OS will now skip over the renamed file
(abc123.txt) at startup. Notice how much more quickly
your machine boots now!
11. You can now delete the renamed file normally.