1st June 02:35
Outlook to Excel to Outlook and then Access?
I receive a weekly email that contains pending order activity
generated from a flat file from our order entry platform. The
information is used as follows:
1. EMail output received at my email addy in plain text format. Need
to send to several groups for tracking. Data needs to be presented in
spreadsheet etc. prior to sending. Currently this is being done
manaully by me.
2. Another email is generated 1 - 3 weeks later once the order is
cleared for billing. This email is much smaller in volume on a per
customer basis resulting in a greater number of manual updates to the
spreadsheet mentioned above.
3. Once billing ocurs, an .xls file is provided by Fiance which is
compared to the above data for revenue tracking and benchmarking back
to forecasting etc.
I basically need to meet the following objectives:
1. Need the best way to send a formatted report to group list.
2. Need to database information to anaylyse and track customer orders
in mutliple phases as orders are created, service delivered and
Does it make sense to export to Excel and format then send email to
team with spreadsheet.
Take .xls file and create an Access database for enhanced tracking and
Sorry for the long message. I have found information on how to (i
think) get the info to Excel but not sure if this is the right
Can you please suggest how and where I should start? I have limited
VB experience (almost none) but can pick up pretty well,
Your time in simply reading this request and plea for help is
appreciated. We are losing money and this is the only way I can prove