9th April 16:15
Uninstall rollback and service dependencies
Uninstalled services that get rolled back don't seem to get reinstalled
properly. This is what happens...
"ServiceA" is dependent on RPCSS and "ServiceB". In the Dependencies column
under the MSI ServiceInstall table I have...
Now when I uninstall with a forced rollback...
- ServiceA is stopped. (StopServices action)
- ServiceA is uninstalled. (DeleteServices action)
- A forced rollback occurs.
- ServiceA is reinstalled. (undo DeleteServices)
- ServiceA tries to restart but fails with a "cannot find/start dependent
service or service has been marked for deletion" type of error.
When I look at ServiceA under the registry, I see that the dependent service
list is corrupted. Instead of listing "RPCSS ServiceB", I see
The same problem happens if ServiceA is only dependent on RPCSS. Instead of
seeing "RPCSS", I see "RPCS".
Is this a known bug? If not, how can I fix the problem?