Mingram27r& 2006-07-14 07:21:12
I am ready to raise the white flag to RIS. I have done the following:
It seems I have tried every scenario and nothing seems to work
1. tried to install XP with generic nic drivers, this failed
2. copied XP install CD to local directory on my computer
– added updated NIC drivers into the I386 directory
– added the OEM directory for \Drivers\NIC
3. Pulled the image up to the RIS server and tried to download it and it
4. used and older model Compaq PC to install XP from server this also failed
This is a W2K3 server running SP1. Dude, I am out of answers at this point.
What I do not understand is why does the image install care about the
drivers when installing the OS? It sees the RIS server, so all it has to do
is pull down the image from the directory.
can someone helpl? thank you very much.
Phil Network Admin