23rd April 04:40
Zope X3 3.0.0 beta 3 released
The Zope 3 development team is proud to announce the third
beta release of Zope X3 3.0.0.
the experiences of Zope 2. The "X" in the name stands for
"experimental", since this release does not try to provide
any backward-compatibility to Zope 2.
Installation instructions for both Windows and Un*x/Linux
are now available in the top level README.txt of the
distribution. The binary installer is recommended for Windows.
Changes since beta 2
- Updated to use ZODB 3.3b2.
- Reviewed security and fixed many outstanding open issues. This
required some rearranging and writing of security-related code.
- Removed several uses of 'removeAllProxies()' as this is considered
a bad coding practice.
- Added 'zope.security.proxy.removeSecurityProxy()' function to
replace 'zope.security.proxy.trustedRemoveSecurityProxy()' .
- Implemented rdb:gadflyRoot directive. You are now able to
specifically point to a directory that should contain the gadfly
- When browsing the source code via the API doc tool's Class Browser,
ZCML files are now shown as well. When viewed, a marked up version
of the ZCML code is shown with links to other parts of the
- Resolved or otherwise dealt with issues 112, 122, 130, 133, 139,
162, 190, 194, 202, 203, 211, 212, 219, 220, 221, 225, 228, 231,
234, 235, 238, 239, 245, 247, 249, 251, 252, 253, 255.
- Fixed various bugs in the API doc tool.
- Factory IDs have to be real IDs now, i.e. either a dotted
name or a URI.
- Cleaned up much of the source code. Now every module should have
a module doc string with a title and 'id' tag in it.
The API is frozen for X3.0.0. We would like to ask all people to test
this release and report any bugs or mis-behaviors! This might be the
last beta release!
The entire beta period will likely last for about 2 months. During
this time we will try to complete the following tasks:
- Fix outstanding bugs.
- Optimize critical components to speed up the system.
- Write and update do***entation.
- Add and complete translations.
- Remove as many *** comments as possible.
Though much progress has been made since the second beta, there are still
tasks to be completed! Even if you are not a programmer, you can help!
Please send any bug reports and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org! Thank you
very much in advance for your help!
Jim Fulton, Fred Drake, Dmitry Vasiliev, Philipp von Weitershausen,
Stephan Richter, Garrett Smith, Tim Peters.
Thanks to everyone!