24th November 23:10
JOBS Senior Software Developer Architect - Data Access Components
Title: Senior Software Developer / Architect - Data Access Components
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Software Developer / Architect
who will be responsible for the overall architecture as well as
driving of technical advancements of data access components. These data
access components serve a pivotal role for all product sets.
Qualifications / Duties:
* very strong domain knowledge and experience in accessing OLAP and
Relational data sources.
* must possess strong engineering knowledge and experience in
developing enterprise software using C++ and Java.
* must be a dynamic individual who possesses excellent communications
skills and is able to work effectively with other groups as well as
with our customers.
* outstanding organizational skills and the ability to work in a team
environment are a must.
* seeking someone with at least 10 years hands-on experience in
developing enterprise software accessing Relational and OLAP data
* hands-on experience in Object Oriented ****ysis and Design, C++ and
* experience writing high performance, scalable and modular enterprise
* expertise with multi-threaded server applications
* databases (Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, SAP/R3, Sybase, Informix, ODBC)
* OLAP (MSAS, DB2, SAP BW)
* SQL and MDX
* UNIX (at least one of AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Linux)
* Microsoft Windows
* XML, XSLT, SOAP and related web technologies
* gain a good broad understanding of the existing architecture and code
structure of the various data access components
* seek opportunities to improve the robustness and maintainability of
* develop a proposal on the reengineering efforts
* must have the ability to sell proposals to senior management.
* lead technical development efforts and be responsible for technical
design decisions in the area of data access.
* design and implement functionality enhancements in the various data
* investigate and resolve difficult issues, especially in the areas of
scalability, performance and portability.
* initiate and monitor development processes that improve engineering
standards resulting in higher level of productivity and product
* find, research, ****yze and deploy tools that improve development
efforts and productivity.
* provide performance monitoring, ****ysis and improvement.
* coach and mentor other engineering staff within the Data Access
* respond to requests for information on product architecture, design
and product behavior.
Duration: Perm Job - $100,000 - $130,000
Start date: October 3, 2005
Location: Ottawa (Ontario, Canada)
Professional Computer Consultants Group Ltd. (Procom) is a privately
owned Canadian Company established in 1978 to provide Information
Technology (IT) Professional Services to Clients in both the Public
and Private Sectors. With more than 1700 Technical Resources on staff
Procom generates revenues in excess of $200 million annually. Procom
provides end-to-end IT services and solutions to clients worldwide
utilizing a highly individualized business model that combines its
on-site and off-site operations. Procom, together with strategic
alliances, has operations spanning 34 locations in 15 countries across
4 continents - covering over 80% of the world IT market. Currently, it
serves global markets through offices throughout North America. As a
result of its market success Procom currently ranks as the 7th largest
IT Professional Services Firm in Canada.
We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all
submissions will be assessed. However, only suitable candidates will
be contacted further.
Please submit your most recent resume to:
Senior Technical Recruiter
300 March Rd., Suite 600
Fax: (613) 270-9449
Phone: (613) 270-9339 ext 231
Your resume will not be submitted to our clients without your full
knowledge of the opportunity and consent.