22nd February 02:17
error in process filter
Maybe you missed it, but LispWorks 5.0 has just released
with an improved implementation. See:
From the Release Notes:
12.2 Improved architecture on x86 platforms
LispWorks for Windows and LispWorks for Linux now share the architecture
of the other 32-bit LispWorks implementations, resulting in the following
* fixnums now hold 30 bits of data. That is, most-positive-fixnum is
* array-total-size-limit is now 2^28-1.
* array-rank-limit is now 4000.
* The Garbage Collector is improved and memory management issues
specific to the LispWorks 4.4/x86 architecture are removed.
This architecture is also used on Intel-based Macintosh computers.
Also note that you get even larger fixnums with the new
64bit versions of LispWorks. From the Release Notes:
12.1 Additional platforms supported
LispWorks now supports the following additional platforms:
* Intel-based Macintosh computers
* FreeBSD on x86
* 64-bit Linux on AMD64/EM64T systems
* 64-bit Windows x64 Editions
* 64-bit Mac OS X G5 systems
* 64-bit Solaris/SPARC