21st May 15:10
JEP - Java Expression Parser 2.3.1
JEP is a Java API for parsing and evaluating mathematical expressions.
With this library you can allow your users to enter an arbitrary
formula as a string, and instantly evaluate it. JEP supports user
defined variables, constants, and functions. A number of common
mathematical functions and constants are included.
* Small size (only 75KB as jar archive)
* Supports Boolean expressions (!, &&, ||, <, >, !=, ==, >=, and
* Fast evaluation (the expression can be evaluated quickly for
different variable values)
* Includes common math functions
* Extendable through user defined functions
* Predefined constants such as 'pi' and 'e'
* Support for strings, complex numbers, and vectors
* Support for implicit multiplication (allows use of expressions
such as "3x" instead of "3*x")
* Allows choice between declared and undeclared variables
* Java 1.2 compatible (cross-compiled with Sun JDK 1.2.2)
* Supports Unicode characters (including Greek symbols)
* Includes JavaCC grammar from which the main classes are generated
Changes in this release:
* Fixed bug 1046349: bug in sum()
* Fixed broken links in do***entation
* Fixed bug 1051988: JEPTester falsely reports "No errors"
* Fixed do***entation error 1358815: if - function is do***ented
* Added more tests for sum function
* Updated build.xml to work with 1.5 JVMs