5th November 20:35
TclDB testing version 0.4
I am pleased to announce another testing version of TclDB.
I've also included a ready-to-run demo (using tclkit and sqlite) for
Do***entation is far from complete (it only covers database API, not
GUI), but demo examples many features of the GUI part.
WHAT IS IT:
TclDB allows unified DB API using either ODBC or DB-specific API. It
uses pure Tcl and [Incr Tcl] to provide DB and queries API. It also uses
Tk, [Incr Tk], Iwidgets and Tktable/Tablelist to show result lists.
Another functions provide a way to manage table structure - including
updating structure (via dumping, dropping and recreating),
managing references (where applicable) and dealing with db-specific
issues (like serials/sequences/auto_increment fields).
This software currently allows the following:
- connecting to database (currently only mySQL, ODBC and SQLite)
- loading a set of queries from a file
- doing queries and/or executing statements
- listing query results using Tktable and Tablelist
- providing an universal widget form mechanism (qwidget and qdialog)
- tabnotebook widget with editable titles
WHERE TO GET:
GUI screenshots (on Windows):
[[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to email@example.com
Announcements archived at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcl_announce/
Send administrivia to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tcl/Tk at http://tcl.tk/ ]]