18th March 13:41
white_dune 0.26pl2 (stable) released
white_dune 0.26pl2 (stable) has been released:
white_dune is a open source graphical VRML editor in development.
It can read VRML97 files, display and let the user change the scenegraph/fields.
It has also simple NURBS modelling features and can be used as a animation tool.
It is not complete yet, especially in the 3D preview window 8-(
It runs on Linux/UNIX/MacOSX and M$Windows.
"white_dune" continue the work of Stephen F. White on the program "dune".
Dune (and therefore white_dune) is free Software under the
GNU General Public License (GPL).
Version 0.26 is a intermediate release on the way to solve the problems
with MF-Input in the Fieldview Window.
It was made, to provide users the opportunity to use the advanced NURBS
3D modelling features, that came with Thomas Rothermels work on
NURBS conversion and NurbsCurve revolve.
Highlights of things new in version 0.26:
- Conversion from Box/Cone/Cylinder/phere to NurbsSurface
- Conversion from NurbsSurface to IndexedFaceSet
- X symetric modelling
for do***entation about NURBS modelling features.
- "pure VRML97" export and preview for VRML97 browsers without NURBS support
- "animate" convenience menupoint/icon
- additional "dune4kids" program with a simplified menu for 3D modelling.
- MacOSX joystick support (from SDL code)
- 3D rendering of Viewpoint.fieldOfView and LOD
- 3D cursor, that makes clicking to handles very much easier,
if you work with shutterglases (currently only available under UNIX/Linux).
- Updates of user, install and developer do***entation
- Gentoo Linux install file.
- Added various bugfixes
Einzelne Beiträge waren mit dem grafischen Signet eines lachenden
Bayerischer Verwaltungsgerichtshof 3.6 2002, AZ: 7 CS 02.875, Stichwort: 8-)