16th April 20:47
XAMJ 0.92 - Open Source Java Based Alternative to XAML
XAMJ is a thin client XML UI language tightly integrated with Java.
deployed on a browser/platform, called Warrior. (XAMJ is an open source
Java-based alternative to Microsoft's .NET-based XAML.)
Home Page: http://html.xamjwg.org
Download Page: http://html.xamjwg.org/download.jsp
The 0.92 release introduces several usability and deployment
- Added mechanism to link from HTML. It consists of
using a file with mime-type application/x-htln+xml
with a root element which has an href attribute.
(We will also be providing a mechanism thru our
website to make this easier.) This is passed to
Warrior as a file, which in turns opens the
target URL. (A XAMJ do***ent over http runs
in a secure sandbox.)
- Now caching XAMJ and other content. Very noticeable
the second time you launch Warrior.
- Now reusing JVM if running. Very noticeable if
you launch Warrior or an app while another is
- Added a standard I/O console, which may be accessed
from the View menu and also from the Program Group.
This works since the JVM is now shared.
- Added on-paint event to box/vbox/hbox which can
be used to paint on an AWT Graphics/Graphics2D object.
- Added href attribute to all button elements,
including menu items.
- Added property attribute to on-property-change
- Added param element for use with do-navigate.
- Added do-open action element to open content in a
new window. Similar to do-navigate.
- Added do-set action element to set element properties.
May be used in conjunction with on-property-change.
- Fixed issues with .xamj file association title, icon
and mime type.
- Fixed getSelectedButton method in XButtonGroupElement.
- Added markup style attributes paragraphBreakBefore and
lineBreakBefore. Fixed <h> tag accordingly.
- Added expression scriptlet of the form (%: expr %) which
is short for (%= ((XElement) expr).getElementValue() %).
Should be typically used with param and do-set.
- Changed default width/height of boxes to sum preferred
width/height of children.
- Fixed so it cancels ongoing requests when nagivating to
- Method XElement.getName changed to XElement.getNodeName.