9th June 19:38
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
program interface for
every damn PBX manufacturer. The data format was different for each.
NSA's spying operations are so massive and all encompassing, and the
maintenance burden for interfacing to all the latest equipment now so high,
that they have had to come out in the open and lie lie lie to get CALEA.
We need CALEA to prevent crime and catch terrorists like a hole in the head.
At the same time Stafford Beer was trying to get a grip on the Chilean
economy, the U.S. was trying to destroy it.
* Uribe, Armando. The Black Book of American Intervention in Chile. Boston:
* Beacon Press, 1975. 163 pages. Translated from Spanish by Jonathan Casart.
* Chile is a well-do***ented example of covert destabilization by the U.S.,
* and NameBase includes several books on the subject. The CIA had been
* passing out money since 1964 to influence elections in Chile, but Salvador
* Allende won the presidency in 1970 anyway.
* Under orders from Nixon and Kissinger, a broad economic blockade was then
* launched in conjunction with U.S. multinationals (ITT, Kennecott, Anaconda)
* and banks (Inter-American Development Bank, World Bank).
* According to notes taken by CIA director Richard Helms at a 1970 meeting
* in the Oval Office, hi
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 7.5.6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----