10th August 09:18
Who goes & Who stays
I'm not up on the stats like some of you but wanted to weigh in. There
is enough blame to go around. Management not getting the extra bat in
mid-season for whatever reason, the players for not comming through, they
are suppose to be professionals, and the coaches and manager for various
things. Several times in the last month or so we see runners playing fly
balls half-way, why don't the tag up and advance? Players problem or
1. Although a likeable player, and one who appreciates Seattle, let
Mike Cammeron go. Try to get a left fielder who can at least
put the ball in play without so many strike outs. Move Winn to center, or
look for a cheaper better hitting center fielder. Bring someon up?
2. Have Jeff Cirello (sp?) leave even if you pay his complete contract
to sit home. If he isn't going to play and can't hit he is a
3. Persue Tajada for shortstop. Spend the money we are going to save
4. Encourage Edgar to retire. Great hitter, great person but a
liability in the long run. If you can get a DH that can play a
position once in awhile you can gain another person for your team.
5. Say goodbye to Author Rhodes, Benetiz, and trade Sasaki (the
pitcher), someone will take him and yes I think he seems to be a
nice person but the Mariners are full of nice people, part of the problem.
6. Go fishing with Freddy, maybe we could catch something good.
7. McLamore is gone. Helped us but seems done.
8. Willie B, let him play more. Showed us he can field adn I think
with time can up his average although never for power.
9. I've read about people say look to Friffey for center but I think a
first baseman/dh might work better esp with his injury problems.
10. If we can't get Tejada, trade some pitching and get a third baseman
moving Carlos back to short for the time.
11. Like the Lakers of this year I think if the Mariner management
makes a good move or two that it affects the way players think and
maybe since we have a great ballpark, great city, great fans we could drawn
a free agent or two for less than full market value. Maybe whatshisname
Palmaro from Texas. Another position/dh player?
Gives me a headache just thinking about it. Guess for the first time in
about 5 years I'm going to watch the Seahawks.
Keep up all of the good posts & info.